I LOVE to read...I am interested in what others have to say about everything in life. I'm currently ready a book by a man named Leslie Weatherhead called "The Christian Agnostic".
As everyone knows, I've struggled with my beliefs every since I noticed how judgmental my church family was. I made a promise to myself at the age of 17 to no longer follow a religion where it's people were just so hateful toward everyone. It took many years for me to come to understand how I feel about the "higher power". I was agnostic for a few years, but discovered a whole new love for life when I became a Buddhist.
All the same values of being christian, without all the contractions. I am completely a new person. I live life to be a good person. I do what I want, when I want, and how I want to do it. There's no one judging me because it's not "the christian way". I AM A GOOD PERSON. And I don't have to believe in a story of a normal man written by people who were not there, to be that way.
I guess the real reason I'm putting this out there is because of the fact that, yes, I do work for a christian camp. And in between meals I was reading my book, and had to defend myself and my beliefs against judgmental christian's. And honestly, it gets old. I've done the research. I was a religion major in college, and learned about every religion. I based my decision to become a Buddhist on years of research and going to different churches and talking to different clergy.
I'm sick of being told I'm wrong or that I'm going to "hell" for denying christianity. I see no harm in the way I'm living my life. My husband supports me and so does my mother. And as far of the rest of you...Karma is a bitch....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope you dont base all christians this way. I am a christian and I do agree with most of what your saying. The christian church as whole is very hypocritic. They preach love in there churches then bash the gays. Its wrong. I was into the whole religion thing at one point in my life but not anymore. I still love God and I still belive Jesus died on the cross for my sins but the whole religion thing was really confusing. I call myself a christian but I dont belong to any church. I work on my relationship with God at home. I believe my God put us on this earth to love one another and that is how I try to live everday of my life. I love. Thats pretty much the basis of my life. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I totally understand how you feel about the whole church and religion thing. I feel the same way=] Happy Trails=]
ReplyDelete